I was having a problem last week with my Mac: even though I set my default system browser to Google Chrome, one application just refused to believe it wasn’tany longer. (And no, that application wasn’t Firefox itself!)
Though I tried several times within Chrome and Firefox to toggle the system browser to end up being Chrome, that one application was being recalcitrant.
Today I got an email from my friend and IBM colleague Kelvin Lawrence with the workaround to the problem: go into Safari and under Safari > Preference > General toggle the browser to something non-Chrome and then back to Chrome. This seems to do something a little extra and it did the trick. That one application now opens web pages in Chrome.
Thanks for the fix, Kelvin!