I don’t give my ApacheCon keynote for 24 hours, but here are a few bullets I’ll address in my presentation:
- For any programming language I mention that does something, there will be 10 that do something similar that I won’t mention, including your favorites.
- X10 does not try to hide concurrency or the multiprocessor, or pretend that concurrency is just a minor extension.
- We need more information like “it’s probably best not to try to solve that kind of problem in this language.”
- How do you answer: how much energy is used in computing that result?
- People are terrified of being stuck with huge libraries of source code written in now abandoned languages.
I’ll post the full set of slides after the talk.