The content on this site is my own and does not necessarily represent my employer’s positions, strategies or opinions. I work for IBM.
- Partially rebuilding the kitchen porch
- Daily links for 05/14/2013
- Daily links for 05/11/2013
- Daily links for 05/08/2013
- Some questions to ask yourself if you want to be a data scientist
- Math and Analytics at IBM Research: 50+ Years
- Daily links for 05/01/2013
- Monthly disclaimer
- Daily links for 04/28/2013
- Daily links for 04/27/2013
- Yu Zhang: Great job, Dr. Sutor! It is indeed the interest and motivation that make the researchers enjoy their work.
- Bob Sutor: No, sorry, I didn’t know him.
- Bala R Subramanian: Bob, Did you know Kenneth? Does anyone have a story that they can share about Kenneth I. Appel?
- Bala R Subramanian: Great memorable event. Hope the data of monthly happenings are collected for review, as proposed,...
- Brian O'Donovan: By the way, I just found out that there is a public copy of the Social Computing Guidelines...
Category Archives: Sailing
Last year I wrote quite a bit about sailing. I purchased a 1988 Catalina 22 sailboat in July and got it onto Lake Ontario east of Rochester in August. We managed to get out on the water perhaps half a … Continue reading
Today is the Saturday of Memorial Day weekend. The weather this spring in northwest New York has been unusually wet with rain at least five days out of seven every week. Gardening is delayed, lawn mowing is catch-as-catch-can, and it’s … Continue reading
It was October 10th of last year when I published my final blog entry on my very abbreviated 2010 sailing season. We bought a used 1988 Catalina 22 sailboat in July, got it into Lake Ontario in August, and then … Continue reading
There comes a time in northern waters in fall when the sailboat needs to come out of the lake and put in its winter storage. For me, that time was this weekend, though the sailing season ended for my Catalina … Continue reading
I’ve had my sailboat, a 1988 Catalina 22, on Lake Ontario since the middle of August. I bought this used boat in July and after some preparation, finally got it into the water 5 weeks ago. Therefore I am in … Continue reading
So my plan for today was to install a new Tohatsu 6 hp outboard engine on my Catalina 22 sailboat and document some of the process in a blog entry. Thus I started with this photo: Next I removed the … Continue reading
How wind and waves can make or break a day for sailing, but it still helps if the motor starts. I’ve had my Catalina 22 sailboat on Lake Ontario east of Rochester, NY, for several weeks now and have been … Continue reading
Thirty years ago I had a small sailboat and sailed it on small lakes in southern New York State. Five weeks ago my friend Kurt took my son and me sailing on his boat on Lake Ontario east of Rochester, … Continue reading
As I’ve restarted my sailing hobby after a 30 year gap, I’ve discovered a few good books. Nothing is better than on the water training, but these will help if you plan to get an old boat and put her … Continue reading
Nothing to do with the boat, but rather the trailer if you have one: Put chocks in front and in back of both wheels. Add support under the back of the trailer so that the boat/trailer combination doesn’t tip when … Continue reading
I’ve been doing a lot of running around for business trips over the last few weeks, so haven’t had much of a chance to post updates here. I did pick up the used 1988 Catalina 22 sailboat that I mentioned … Continue reading