I’ve found the following books to be useful in programming in various languages for various computers and devices through the years. The links all go to.
When I first got myI was hoping to use it for technical books such as these and there is definitely some value to that. However, when a book is filled with diagrams and you need to thumb through the book looking for something, the ebook version can be difficult to use. I now feel that if I’m going to use the book constantly for reference and need to keep looking things up in it, the paper version is better.
The following books are useful for programming in Objective-C and Cocoa on the Apple Mac. Several are also valuable for programming for the iPhone or iPad.
- Beginning Mac Programming: Develop with Objective-C and Cocoa (Pragmatic Programmers)
- Programming in Objective-C 2.0 (2nd Edition)
- Cocoa Programming: A Quick-Start Guide for Developers (Pragmatic Programmers)
- Cocoa(R) Programming for Mac(R) OS X (3rd Edition)
- Cocoa Design Patterns
- Learning Python: Powerful Object-Oriented Programming
- Programming Python
- Core Python Programming (2nd Edition)