IBM has just put up a new site devoted to Open Source and business. Here’s some info about what we’ve put up so far:
This is IBM’s first Web site solely devoted to Open Source and acts as a starting point to engage all levels of IT with prerequisite information to begin an Open Source discussion. The portal covers the following topics:
- IBM and Open Source innovation – integrating Open Source software into your IT strategy alongside private source software
- Open Source relevance to the IT industry – the Open Source survey affords customers a concise snapshot of recent Open Source integration by industry and company size
- Open Source and Open standards – a white paper located in the “About Open Source” section covers the role these entities play
- Key access to Open Source links – key web site referrals
- Articles on Open Source – Open Source articles from the Linux Executive Report magazine
It’s hard to think of any part of IBM’s business that is not now affected by open source, and that translates to what we can provide to our customers. This site should be your starting point to learn all about what IBM can offer related to open source.