Please excuse this marketing interruption, but in case you are interested:
Broadcast Date: October 8, 2009, 12:00 p.m. Eastern Daylight Time, 4:00 p.m. UTC
Developed for: IT strategists, solution analysts and managers, enterprise architects, systems analysts, systems programmers, application developers, IT operations managers, systems administrators, and IT procurement and controls
In today’s heterogeneous IT environments, more and more companies are turning to Linux® to help reduce costs and simplify systems management for better results. And when Linux workloads are consolidated on the mainframe, not only do you improve opportunities for enterprise-wide optimization, you can leverage the best of both Linux and the mainframe to maintain a secure and flexible business. Join us for this one-hour complimentary teleconference, and learn about the advantages of Linux applications integrated with System z®. You’ll come away with a good understanding of the capabilities that make Linux on System z the winning combination for deployment of business-critical workloads.
- Consolidate WebSphere® and Java™ applications on System z to achieve higher system utilization
- Leverage distributed applications such as Cognos® 8 Business Intelligence on System z to improve decision-making
- Improve server management with Tivoli® monitoring and automated provisioning on System z to reduce operating costs
- Combine workloads from heterogenous low-to-mid range servers into a single System z platform using virtualization
- Enable capacity-on-demand that moves applications to market faster.
Speakers: Dr. Robert Sutor, Vice President, Linux and Open Source, IBM Software Group and Michael Applebaum, Senior Solution Marketing Manager, Novell